Thursday, June 14, 2007

3 miler

Did a quick 3-miler at lunch today. Felt good to get out and get the legs moving after a little break.

The funniest part of the run was when my running partner and I came across a big (and I mean BIG) snake in the middle of the trail. This thing had to have been 3 feet long, an inch and a half around. So what did we do? Screemed like girls, of course. Right after we saw it, a woman came running by us, looked at the snake, didn't break stride and said, "Garter snake." I've never had an issue admitting I'm a wuss when it comes to snakes, but that encounter was a little much. Wuss might just be too nice a term.

I head out to China on Saturday for a 10-day jaunt. Hope to get a few workouts in, even though they'll be 100% treadmill-based. I hear it's very hot and humid there this time of year, so I'm going to pass on any outdoor exercise.

Later boys.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Snakes, ahhhhhhh!

I saw a snake once on a run up in Wehham when I worked up there.

That's some cool nature stuff, man.

Safe trip to china and back.

tv