Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Steamer

Time: 27:11
Avg HR: 151
Peak HR: 175
Calories: 415
Distance: 3.3
Start Time: 5:46 AM
Training Effect: 3.8
Temp: N/A, very humid
Date: 6/27/07

I'm back on track with this weeks schedule (M(T)-W-F) with my back to back runs yesterday and today. It was a steamer today -- even more so than yesterday -- and the sweat was flowing. I started one minute earlier today than yesterday. Running pre-6 AM is great especially in the hot weather.

I did my short route as a sort of recovery run. I'm stretching out the majority of my weekly runs right now, but leaving one day each week to go a little shorter and easier. No deep thoughts or anything like that today but it was a good run. I feel more into it now than I have in a while, and feel like my fitness is at a good level right now that will permit me to take it further. So, we'll see. I'm working towards a sub-60minute Falmouth RR and putting in the work now.

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

Hey boys,

Love seeing the flourish of posts. No running news for me today. July 4 will mark my return to training. Still have not signed up for the CC marathon, but I intend to do so this week. I think all my reading up on the rolling hills late in the course scared me a bit.

Anyway, I'm definitely taking my time getting back in the swing of running. I took Agricola's note about post-marathon burn out seriously. I'm enjoying the rest, and starting to get energized about the next big push, which will look something like this:
- 4-miler on July 4th (Hingham)
- half marathon in late Sept (Leaf Peaper)
- Marathon Oct 28 (Cape Cod)

Now that the plan is out there, I have to stick with it. Phew.

Agricola said...

Aren't you Mr. Motivated.

Good luck and have fun. Are you stateside yet?