Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday Quickie

Time: 26:20
Avg HR: NA
Peak HR: NA
Distance: 3.3
Start Time: 7:00 AM
Training Effect: NA
Temp: 62
Date: 6/11/07

Familial commitments kept me busy all weekend so no running got done. I got back on the trail this AM -- a Monday run is an accomplishment for me. I couldn't find my HR belt so have no data beyond time and temp today. I almost bailed when Mrs. Agricola snuggled in after I got Child Two back down for a bit at 6:09. I rolled out of bed at 6:40, futzed around looking for the HR belt and finally just went out and ran.

This may be totally psychological on my part, but I actually felt better without the HR monitor working and I went relatively hard and felt pretty good. Another thing I've been thinking is that I need new shoes. My shoes are literally 34 months old. With my hiatuses from running I've not been on top of my footwear situation. I think that's a big reason my legs feel shot.

Running Rule: When the under-sole is beginning to show through the outer sole, it's time for new running kicks.

5 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

I am certain new shoes will change how your legs feel...no question about it.

Agricola said...

There's a whole bare foot running movement . . . afoot . . . these days. I'm not sure how people do that or why. I need new shoes, indeed.

Steve DiMattia said...

Um, does the title of this post refer to the run, or to anything else that may have occurred today, say, between 6:09 and 6:40?

Agricola said...

haha . . . no such luck . . . Mondays really aren't my days! all sleep in that time interval . . .

VT Runner said...

I'll just note that I had the same thought as freeartist. Yes, we will always be 4c boys.