Sunday, June 10, 2007

2 runs in 2 days and a challenge

Hi all,

Saturday, gorgeous day and my daughter wanted to go with me on her bike. Initially I said no, but what the heck, I tried it and it was great. There was not a ton of conversation - at least from the tired old man running next to her, but family time is family time and she was happy as a clam. Time: 26:07 distance no idea.

Sunday. After a wonderful day at the Paw Sox Game (highly recommended by the way, so cheap and so much fun) with perfect weather and tons of hits for the kids to get excited about, I took a run with the family riding bikes and the little one in a cart attached to the wife's bike. A little bit longer this time and total time was 28:30. Felt decent, but legs are sore and I just feel out of shape. When we had our first child, I said no more to weight gain and slothing around and really hit the running circuit. I lost close to 20 pounds and I felt great. Once the other ones hit, it was like no time. The hell with that. I just have to stay motivated.

Anyone want to have a contest? Percentage of weight lost in a certain time wins. The prize: Nike plus running kit and an Ipod Nano (if you already have one then how about 2 pairs of new running shoes). If a bunch are in, then the ones who do not win have to pay for the prize.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Woah. you're a big gambler . . .

not sure about the challenge . . . let me think some about it. It would mean I would have to invest in a scale. Also, I'm taking a more organic approach to weight loss -- it's a process that takes time rather than something that I'm able to binge on to win a bet.

That's great that you got out with the family though. I have not managed to get my kids into the stroller again since I took them out on the Cape over Memorial Day.