Friday, June 8, 2007

Whoa

First run since the marathon, and man did I feel sluggish. Probably didn't help that there's probably 90% humidity up here right now. The legs were dead, but I'm glad I got back out there.

Now, if I could just get this one issue under control in the next 7 minutes I'll be all set. You see, it's 12:53 pm now, and I have my annual review at 1:00. I went for a 30 minute run at noon, showered, and now I'm sitting at my desk sweating. Think Nixon at the Kennedy debate sweating. Not good. I'm slugging cold water and just bought an ice cream chocolate chip cookie sandwich from the vending machine to cool down. I think it's working, but will the sweat dry in time? 6 minutes and counting....

I'm entertaining myself right now. Must be latent stress. Oops, there goes my Outlook reminder. 5 minutes now!

Later boys. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

That happened to me once -- went running at work in sweltering heat and then by the time I showered and got to my desk it was time to go to a meeting, except that sweat was pouring off of every inch of my body, soaking through my shirt and even my pants legs. I had to tell people what was up, and that I wasn't in withdrawal.

VT Runner said...

Love that story. Makes me laugh just thinking about it. I ended up getting things under control before this meeting, but I sweated through another meeting with my boss about a month ago. She actually asked if I wanted to continue the meeting in 20 minute or so. To which I replied, "No thanks (wipe forehead). I'll be fine (wipe neck). Just take a second (wipe forehead again)." Priceless.