Thursday, December 18, 2008

Healing

Forced myself to run an easy 3 yesterday morning. Nothing like seeing sleet bounce off your face. I was planning on a very easy run, not that I had much of a choice with the weather and footing conditions. I skipped Tuesday's run due to the shin splint. Plan is to drop the weekly mileage down to 16-18 for a couple of weeks until I heal. The ankle is much better and the shins are getting better as well. I've been religiously icing both every night regardless of how they feel and I think its paying off. Still hope to get the longer run in tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

Ice. Good.

I was noticing yesterday that the ankle I hurt November 07 was a little sore. I think it's the cold.

Want to run together sometime next week? Monday? Tuesday?

Bennu Runner said...

Have to work Monday. If the ankle/shin feels okay, maybe Tuesday afternoon.