Monday, December 1, 2008

A Couple Week Hiatus

So, with the holidays in full swing, i thought I would be running and exercising more, but a couple of setbacks have happened. One - had a slight groin pull playing dodge ball. I know, Dodgeball should not be that physical, but surprisingly it is. The faculty at my school took on the seniors and we got whipped three games to none. Good times, but my leg felt very stiff. I have run once on the treadmill and hit the stationary bike 4 times to keep the blood moving. I hope to go for 30 minutes today and see how the leg feels. I am sure my lungs will be asking for rest, but I will let everyone know. Second, just spending time with family visiting over Thanksgiving, I never felt like running in the morning and could never find time in the afternoon. Not a good excuse, but just busy with family.

My energy level has been good from all the working out and I am feeling better than I have in a couple of years so thank you all for some great motivation to get and stay fit.

Everyone is cruising right now and the times are dropping. Great work everyone. Hope to post some decent results as well.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Dodge ball. Nice.

That's almost as good as when I blew out my knee sledding . . . real cool.

Welcome back. One thing to keep you motivated over the holidays is to consider all of the thousands of calories you'll likely consume over the next 4 weeks . . . enjoy, but run.