Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Crunch! Crunch!

Taking advantage of my under-employed situation as well as the facts that Mrs. A was working from home and that Child 1 & 2 were at school I headed out at 12:35 for a lunch time run. It was a classic, nasty fall/winter day: temps in the mid-30s, spitting rain and a nice crusty coating of ice and sloppy slush all over the place. I did 5.2+ (I missed a turn and added an additional block which actually equals two blocks because it was out and then a return). Still no watch, so no data.

I was just running, enjoying the late fall/early winter bleakness. It was cool to get on non-cruddy pavement because then the run got really quiet and peaceful, I was gliding. When I was on the crud I felt like I was making more noise than a stampede of bison. Crunch! Crunch! Crunch! I felt good throughout except after I returned. After each of my last three runs I've had some nasty . . . expulsions while sitting upon the pot, shall we say . . . I think that I am fighting some sort of stomach bug. Generally I feel fine all day, everything is normal except post-run. I guess, as long as it's post run and not intra-run . . .

No comments: