Friday, December 12, 2008

Run 50

Should have worn goggles this morning. Torrential rain, wind and much flooding made for a sadistically enjoyable run. Ran my Castle Island 10K route for the first time in over a month. Other than the ankle issues, felt pretty good. Ended up just under 58 minutes for 6.3 miles. Shockingly, this was a PR for the route by over a minute as I was only trying to run at an easy to moderate pace. I didn't see any other idiots running this morning, only dog walkers. Which makes me wonder who was crazier.

Random comments:

Any one ever experience a bone spur? I'm trying to identify my ankle injury and the symptoms seem similar.

I signed up for the Marathon Sports Super Sunday 5K on February 1st. Its right on the waterfront in South Boston and literally on my older short running routes. That will be the end of my winter program.

This was run number 50, and a memorable one at that. 160 miles and counting.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Where do I sign u for that 2/1 race. I'm looking for a Feb run. Let's run together.

My hometown has a New Year's day run. We should do that together. Let me know what you think.

Talk to you soon you lunatic.