Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Got the sneakers out last night and hit the road...

NOT. A little too cold out there. Decided to just hit the treadmill for a little over 4 miles. Also, got out for a run for 40 minutes on Saturday. Its not pretty, but I am churning some runs out and trying to keep those holiday pounds from keeping in over the next few weeks. I think it is pretty interesting how I can feel my body trying to eat more to fight off the cold and stay content. Fighting the urges and working out is the key because you don't want to spoil a good workout with a bunch of calories. Board has been silent, but it keeps me going even if I don't post every day.

2 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

historically we put on a layer of winter fat, I guess to make it through the lean months. I wonder if the body isn;t triggered to store fat differently by colder weather, regardless of whether we indugle the urge to eat more or not

Agricola said...

Totally -- the drive to eat at this time of year is very instinctual. I think it's cool while I fight to stave off becoming a lardo . . .