Saturday, December 27, 2008

Run 60. Oof-Duh.

I ran last night for the first time since the Holiday 4-Miler on Dec 13. The last two weeks have been tough...a very difficult work week ended with a 48-hour stomach virus. The virus ended just in time for Christmas week and its heavy feasting and flagons of wine. So I was happy to be back to the road, but given the circusmtances I did not measure time or distance. I did suck wind for appx 25 minutes, then limped home. On the upside, my doctor today says that my blood pressure is a super duper 117/72, which is due I am sure to the regular exercise.

I am thinking of running a NYRR 4-mile race on February 1. Will advise.

Peace, fellas.

3 comments:

VT Runner said...

Flagons of wine. Love that. Great post.

I'm getting ready to get back into things, and very aware that it will be an interesting return to form. Looks like we're in the same boat.

Steve DiMattia said...

I drank a lot of wine at Christmastime this year, more than I have in a while. And I ate several heavy, but wonderful, meals in a row. So it was fine season but it knocked me off form, considerably. Lots of heavy work ahead.

Agricola said...

I've been living on cookies and cocktails for the past week and staying in bed late so when I hit the road it will also be interesting. I liked PR's post about the guy who said choose success . . . i chose cookies and cocktails.

It'll be fine.