Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Bills Due

I wrote in a comment this morning that I've been living on a diet of cookie and cocktails and it's true. I've been eating Pfeffeneuse, Joe Froggers, Sugar Cookies and Chocolate Shortbread cookies for about 2 meals per day and washing them down with everything from beer and wine to Sazeracs and Negronis . . . not exactly a diet for fitness nor running success. I got off my duff though and did a labored a run around town. It was in he 30 minute range and it was sort of painful. The Christmas bills have come due.

My short off-season feels deleterious but I'll be OK. It was a cold, bright, beautiful and super windy day. Because of the wind I debuted of a new piece of gear. Mrs. A bought me a Sugoi rain suit for Christmas and I wore the pants today to block the wind and they worked very nicely. The new suit will make VT City training a bit more comfortable since it will rain and snow during the cycle. I hope to get out tomorrow to end '08 strong and then I'll be doing a New Year's Day 5K here in town to kick off my race/month goal in '09.

No comments: