Thursday, December 4, 2008

Run 56, Michigan Avenue

Checked another box this week with a run down Michigan Avenue in Chicago, yesterday afternoon. I didn't calculate distance. I ran from my hotel for roughly 15 minutes and then back again, with a short walk along the lakeshore at the turnaround point to think and enjoy the scenery. I got out at 7:00am, it was 25 degrees, and I had a low grade hangover, so not my most auspicious run. Still, I continue to enjoy taking advantage of my travel schedule to get out and run in different cities.

Holiday 4 miler is a week from Saturday, or at least four more runs from now.

Short story from run 55: so I was chugging past the mid-point on my usual 5k loop, by the pump station on the downtown side of the resevoir, when I caught sight of a fetching youngster, strecthing, turned away from me, in tights and a snug yellow windbreaker. I thought, wow! Here's motivation. I wonder if she'll head in my direction. Then the runner turned towards me. It was a dude.

2 comments:

PhatRunner said...

Never happened to me .... yeah right. Long live yellow windbreakers!

VT Runner said...

Classic. Been there, but this retelling made me laugh out loud.