Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stress Fracture

We've been feeling a bit of stress up here due to job searching stuff and the usual end of the summer exhale. We always need some downtime to regroup after a summer of charging around trying to take advantage of the good weather. As a result, I've taken a break from the running this week. Really, this is when I should be running more to help deal with the stress, but it's easier said than done.

I got in a 30 minute run on Saturday, but skipped both long runs that were scheduled for the weekend. Looking to get back on track this week, maybe even today since temps are in the 60's. Still feeling healthy, so it's just a matter of doing it. We'll see how that goes....

2 comments:

Agricola said...

Good luck on the job search. We've been thinking of you and hope all is well on that front. I don't envy you, but understand the stress of being out of work interfering with running. I went through it late winter 08 -- remember?

You only have so much bandwidth for coping.

Sorry we missed you 8/17, it would have been fun, but we've started our summer exhale -- I love summer because it's summer, but hate summer because it's so zany and go-go. We've begun to nest and prepare for fall and all of the changes that are coming.

I still want to do the Lincoln-App-Gap trail run but I fear we're running out of time and space to do it . . .

VT Runner said...

I hear you. We're definitely on the exhale. Talk to you soon.