Thursday, August 14, 2008

Climbing The Hill, Again

Rolled out of bed at 6:10 this AM, tok my stuff downstairs and got dressed in the kitchen.  I headed out for about 36 minutes and really focused on just staying within myself and enjoying the run.  My quads and hammes were tight today -- a sure sign of decline.  I've given back much of my hard work during the spring and am feeling in less than excellent shape.  It happens.  Something has to give sometimes in my life and family time and work are non-negotiable.  I'm going to go tomorrow for a short run, and see what happens on Saturday.  I'm taking a vacation at home next week and totally looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

Awesome to spend the week at home.

VT Runner said...

Missed you over the weekend. Sounds like you're set up for a great, well-deserved recharge week.