Monday, August 25, 2008

5 @ 10

Started a little earlier today (still very dark) and set out to run 4 or 5 today depending on how I felt. Tried a new route from my office out to Castle Island through South Boston. Its basically a 4 mi out and back run with a 1 mile loop around Fort Independence. I almost bailed out at the 2 mi mark as I was getting tired and didn't want to start cramping at the furthest point in the run. After a brief conversation with myself, I continued on. At one point, I could see my office across the bay. It looked VERY far away. So I stayed focused on the path ahead and tried to zone out for a mile. Once I reached the 4 mile mark, the anxiety was gone and I cruised in the last mile (9:42). Covered the 5.0 in exactly 50 minutes. No aches or pains either. Good start to the week.

(I run at the office to beat the traffic and to utilize safer routes. I'm questioning the latter as I passed my second active murder scene this morning on consecutive runs. Not good.)

3 comments:

VT Runner said...

Who needs Redbull or Gatorade when you have active murder scenes?! That'll keep your pace up for sure.

Agricola said...

Murder scenes . . . nice -- love city running.

Glad to see you running and posting up here with greater frequency.

This blog is my training log. I used to track more information up here like avg HR, High HR, mileage, time started, elapsed time, temperature/weather. Most of my running is on pavement so I didn't focus too much on surface etc.

Most of my earlier posts have that info at the top, if you go back and look in 2007.

Steve DiMattia said...

Wow. Murder scenes. Nifty post detail. Sounds like a great outing.