Friday, August 22, 2008

10 miles...

..for the week. This is actually an accomplishment for me as I haven't run 10 in a week since I last ran Falmouth ('00?). Ran three miles yesterday. While the run felt good and the pace was decent, I felt like crap in the afternoon. Legs sore, lower back sore and very low energy. Probably has more to do with the 4 hours of sleep I've been averaging this week than the run. (I love the Olympics but can't wait for them to be over.) I would have skipped today's 2 miles if it were not for the 10 mile week goal, new shoes and a new HRM. (I also had 6 hours of sleep.) I feel much better today. I suspect/hope the back problems are partially do to the old shoes. Next week I'm going to focus more on distance (12-15) than pace. I have a busy work week but I'm starting to get used to the 5:30 AM runs.

Question for you all. Do you keep training logs? If so, what information do you record?

1 comment:

Steve DiMattia said...

Bennu, good to see your posts and hear from you regularly. Re: training logs, I don't keep one, though I probably should. This blogs has served as log enough, though since I've stopped recording stats it isn't as effective. I used to record distance, time, Mx HR, Av HR, and calories burned, all but the distance were recorded by a HR monitor.