Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Slog

Today's run was a serious slog.  Summer running can be tough.  Everything hurt for the first 15 minutes -- my ankle, my head, my lungs.  I went short, 3.3 miles, and had one of the toughest runs at that distance that I've had in a while.   I attribute the pain-level in my lungs to the humidity -- it was brutal today.  I got in a run, that's good.  It was far from the best but not the worst; it got my heart rate up, my blood pumping and got some sort-of-fresh air, and a huge sweat -- all good.

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

I'm with you. Today was brutal. Glad to see I wasn't alone in slogging through it.

Agricola said...

You were not alone, there were lots of folks out today, and everybody seemed to be hurting.

Pain in my head not sure where it came from -- dehydration? -- pain in my ankle -- seems like a fact of life right now . . . I should look into some PT, as you mentioned. Not sure I'll get out tomorrow, early meeting, but we'll see. maybe do the call from home and go in late.