Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4 - 6, 2008

I had a big running weekend this past weekend which was good considering I also had a big eating weekend.  I was trying to shock my body out of its 3-4 mile lethargy that's descended upon my running.

July 4, 2008
I observed the Fourth as John Adams requested "[i]t ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports . . ." I ran the 5 K in my town and had a good time.  I started out with a couple of neighbors and finished alone.  I did it in 23:44 -- not my fasted but not my slowest either.I actually ran to the start with my neighbor, about 2 miles and then rean the race. At the end you enter the little finish chute and race organizers/officials were saying "stay in line, keep your order." This woman who finished two steps behind me cut me and the guy in front of me and said, oh hey, sorry guys, I'm not sure where I finished . . . " At the end of the little chute they were recording numbers. I'm sure it will be in the town paper, the order of finish. She cut to move up the standings. I wanted to say "hey, lady, give me a break!" Except then I would have been as much of an OCD over-competitive jerk as she was.

July 5, 2008
I headed out fro 5+ on Saturday AM. Nothing really to report, just a good old fashioned Cape Cod run with a good hard 1/2 mile kick at the end. 46:14.

July 6, 2008
While waiting out traffic I headed out for another 5+ Sunday evening. I dropped the kick at the end but still finished in 46:11. Both Saturday and Sunday I ran as much as possible on the side of the road in the grass and sand. It was cool but muggy and there was a light fog rolling in off of Nantucket Sound. It was pretty cool.
My ankle was a little sore all weekend, but nothing to keep me off the road.

4 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

Did your shews fit?

Sounds like a big weekend. Nice.

VT Runner said...

Love seeing the consecutive days. It's tough to do over a holiday. Nice!

"Did your shews fit?" -- too much.

Agricola said...

Yes, the shew fits . . . that 18th Century English is pretty funny.

I knew that I had consecutive 8:30 meetings yesterday and today so it inspired me to get out and run three straight days. I'll head out tomorrow AM and probably Friday (8:30 meeting on Thursday).

I have to say, FA's running is inspiring me to run more -- matching him run for run is a goal ;-).

Steve DiMattia said...

Leaving early to run tonight, watch for the post.