Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hardwood

Ripped up carpet and installed hardwood floors in our downstairs hallway over the past two days. After a day of flooring work yesterday, I was a bit stiff this morning in the legs area. I also noticed some strange muscle fatigue. If I'm sitting on my butt with my legs stretched out flat in front of me, I'm not able to flex my foot (the upper part) back towards my knee much on my right foot. Left is fine. No pain, just no strength. Figure it must have something to do with all the kneeling I did yesterday.

Anyway, since I was tight I figured I'd go for a quick run. I did 30 mintues and was surprised how good my legs felt. I hadn't run since the 8 miler on Sunday, so I guess I was well rested despite the working "workout" yesterday. (I can't overstate the importance of rest for training.) Hoping to do a longer run, around 45 minutes tomorrow followed by an off-day before the tri.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Good luck this weekend, have fun.