Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back on the Bike

I was feeling pretty wasted after my weird, lost, humid rushed run on Wednesday, so I took Thursday off and rode the trainer for an hour on Friday night, after the little FAs went to bed. (Ms. FA went upstate to do some masonry repair around the house, and the rest of us FAs stayed in the city.) I didn't care to measure speed or distance, and just plowed through two episodes of Weeds from season one.

I got out again on the bike this afternoon and turned three laps in the Park. Again, I didn't run the distance computer or use the HR monitor, though mid-ride I wished I had. I was fairly certain that my heart wasn't working as hard as it typically does during a Park ride, but now I don't have any measure of average bpm, or max bpm. I am not sure what kind of cardio benefit I shoud have after only 7 runs, but it does seem to have helped.

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

7 runs in two weeks is a good accomplishment that I'm sure had an impact on your cardio performance. Cool the way cross-training gains build up, huh?

Steve DiMattia said...

Interesting. Back to running this week, aiming to get out again tomorrow evening. Will be wearing the HR monitor on the bike from now on, too, to measure any impact.