Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Two longer runs

Hit it hard Monday night and this afternoon. Went 4.33 miles each run. Last night did it in 41 minutes and today went out with a running friend and I completed the same run in 38:00 minutes. Go figure. It is always amazing what a running partner can help you do. He actually went out for a little longer run and he was going to go two minutes past and then try to catch me. So the whole way I just had incredible motivation to keep the stride longer and stay on pace. I still think my best running gains came a few years ago after we had our first child and I decided to hit the treadmill. The treadmill might be boring, but it keeps you honest with your pace and you have no choice but to run (otherwise you end up hitting your face like the woman does in that Gillette commercial). I digress. I feel sore now, but a good run. I just need to keep going until I am once again blessed with some runner's lungs.

Keep on trucking and good running to you all.

Agricola, I have several runners lined up. Need to know if team is coed or not.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Nice Job dude!

your lungs will come back.

The team is technically men, but I'm not sure that people will be paying that much attention to it. Thanks for helping out on the team-filling front.