Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's Dark Out There . . .

. . . and cold.

Today was my first run in a week and a half. It was not so great, but I'll be OK.
First, I'm battling my seasonal allergy thing and actually puffed my inhaler at the one mile mark. Second, it was chilly today and I think I might need to break out the tights -- by the end of the run, my legs felt totally constricted from the cold. They weren't tired from the mileage (I did short arun to get back into it)they were sort of frozen feeling and not firing very nicely. Third, I think my week of labor tweaked my back because it tightened up dramatically near the end. I'll stretch it out tonight and hopefully be ready to roll Friday. My week of labor and no running did nothing for my running fitness, but I can shovel for hours on end now. On a positive note, I rolled out in pre-dawn darkness with the clouds over the eastern horizon just pinking -- it was beautiful. It's dark out there right now and I'm waiting for the clocks to roll back to get me some more morning light.

In reference to your post PR, it's a male team, but as I mentioned in my comment, I'm not sure people will pay that much attention to women or men. Whoever can run is welcome, and we still need three.

1 comment:

VT Runner said...

Are they manly women?