Monday, October 15, 2007

Running, running....Last Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday

Thanks, Agricola for getting me out two Sundays ago. I got out for a run on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday. All a little over 1/2 hour each and last night I got bloodied. Darn sidewalk came out of nowhere, caused me to pitch forward and scrape my left knee and ankle. Better my leg than my head and I had to say I was steamed. It was already not much of a run, but that just made my blood boil. I had to say I just wanted to quit, yet a little voice told me to keep going and I stayed on and finished pretty strong. Picture to be posted later, but needless to say there was a good stream of blood running down the leg.

The thing is running is not very fun when you have not hit the runner's high and developed your lungs. I know what it feels like to be there and when you are working through an inconsistent running schedule, reaching the runner's high seems very much out of reach. You just have to keep running though and work through it. That is why running with people can be so much better Thanks again Agricola for helping to get me back on track.

Agricola, how many more runners do we need for CCM?

2 comments:

Agricola said...

Hey, I'm psyched that you got out a bunch last week. Congrats on hitting it so hard. I didn't, but I'm back on it tomorrow. We still need three runners. Let's talk tonight or tomorrow.

VT Runner said...

Hey guys. Please get those three runners. It would be great to have the support of the group on the course. I only got one 3 mile treadmill run in during the China trip, so I'm a bit worried about the CCM. I'm hoping that my base will carry me. Mrs. VTRunner was all over the idea of doing the relay, but just found out she has a stress fracture in her foot. She's had it since the summer, but the stubborn former ski racer in her made her just live with the pain. She now has to take it easy so she can at least hit the slopes this winter. Anyway, what about you two splitting the CCM?

BTW, great posts about the social running. I totally agree. In fact maybe we can do a short pre-race run the Saturday before CCM.