Friday, October 19, 2007

Ouch

Went for what was to be a seven miler today at lunch, but ran into some issues. At about 35 minutes in, I felt a slight tweak in my calf. I stretched then walked for a bit and was able to run, slowly and carefully, the remaining 20 minutes back to work. Now I'm back at the desk with 600 mg of ibuprofen in me, and the calf is sore and tight. I had planned to do a 10 - 15 miler tomorrow, but that is most likely out the window. Bummer. Let's hope it heals up over the next few days.

Anyone know what foods are good to heal muscles? I figure I'll load up on protein, and I heard that milk helps revive sore muscles, too. Maybe some bananas for the potassium. Any other tips?

2 comments:

PhatRunner said...

Heat pack or very warm bath, followed by light stretching to work out the kinks.

Agricola said...

My back was tweaked last week -- Wednesday on. I iced it Wednesday night -- five pound bag right on the muscle for 30 minutes. Then I warmed it Thursday morning for 25 Minutes with a heating pad.

It didn't loosen up though until Saturday when I ran again, but I do think a hot/cool regimen might be helpful it did help my back hurt less.