Sunday, October 21, 2007

Treadmill Musings

Ran on Friday for a 1/2 hour during an early AM run with rain starting to fall on me as I finished. Okay run.

Today, between sessions at a conference I am attending near Philly, I ran on a treadmill. Running on a treadmill leads one to have several thoughts:

Why do they put mirrors in front of you? While I certainly admired my quad muscles beginning to have more definition, after awhile I got bored watching my fat jiggle around my midsection. Why not put them in front of windows to look at the great outdoors?

When TVs are just off to the side, one should not watch them. I slipped several times and almost fell as I watched some good old football on Sunday.

Why do you have to use the keys on the dash to adjust the speed? It totally throws your stride. Much better to have a remote you could hold in your hands that could adjust speed and incline.

Anyways, 1/2 hour, 3.5 miles, very sweaty as I headed to dinner.

Cheers. Keep on running!

1 comment:

Steve DiMattia said...

You ought to get with a treadmill manufacturer....