Wednesday, October 24, 2007

2 more treadmill workouts

Gotta love the treadmill. Two 4.15 Mile runs. Both completed in under 35 minutes. Worked up a good sweat. Nothing to do but watch Southern California go up in flames the entire time I ran. God bless everyone who is affected out there and for the brave firemen who are working 24 hour shifts just to keep the entire southern half of the state from going up.

My sweat and toil in preparation for a race seems trivial when there are 7,000 dedicated people putting their lives on the line for their neighbors.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

I totally agree, nice post1

I actually look at people like firefighter, the soldiers, pilots, marines, and sailors in our armed forces and use them as inspiration.

If they can be strong and tough and dedicated in their incredibly important and dangerous professions, then I can be the same way in my running. It's not at all the same, but I feel like by being strong like they are and thinking about these things on my run then I'm paying them some homage. It's actually a tremendous motivator for me even though it's totally personal.