Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week 5 training

Week 5 began yesterday with a 4.3 run in the stifling humidity - I finished in 39:03 and swatted away deer flies the entire time.

Today was a different story. It was 70 degrees and the air was much drier. I did 8 and felt pretty good - 7:45 at mile 1, 34:04 at the halfway point, and finished in 1:08:49. So a better pace than my runs of late.

I also did the 1,000 pushup challenge last night, which is 1,000 pushups in 3hrs or less. I read that US Army Rangers do it and wanted to see how many I could do in that time frame. I had no idea what to expect, if I would even finish in 180 minutes. I finished in 1 hour 58 minutes. I admit it sounded daunting but wanted to give it a shot - and the feeling of surprising yourself is wonderful. When I joined Taewkondo in May of '09 I remember I could not do 20 in a row.

No comments: