Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Taekwondo and then 4.3

I went to the 12:00 TKD class, also known as the black belt class. I was the only non-black belt there, and it was a workout and a half. I am pleased in that I held my own from a cardio perspective, but the huge differences are their speed and flexibility. Just like I've already made the personal commitment that I will one day qualify for Boston - it might take another year, probably two to run a 3:20 - I will also get my black belt. I just have to stay patient and remain personally accountable to the training and they will both happen.

After class I ran the 4.3 loop to begin Week 4. Higdon says today is just a light run (supposed to be 3) but by default I run my loop because of the hills. I find it is a psychological advantage to conquer those hills day in and day out, and now they are part of my routine. I don't even really think about them, sort of like shaving. Finished in 38:30 but time was irrelevant, just loping and trying to shake off the muscle strain of taekwondo and get loose. For kicks I checked my log and my first recorded time for that 4.3 loop was 43:10 back on Jan 12, and I am certain I was not loping back then.

Tomorrow I believe is 7 mi and that is pedal to the metal.

No comments: