Thursday, June 3, 2010

Week 1 Training Complete

So this morning I did my final run for Week 1 of 18 of the Hal Higdon advanced 1 training schedule. I am modifying it a bit, but the core concept of one mandatory long run per week with three shorter runs that incorporate hills and speed work remains. Plus I cross train with Taekwondo Mon and Wed evenings. Speaking of which, TKD last night was my first class in three weeks - and it was perhaps the hardest class since I was a white belt back in May of last year. Lots and lots of rapidfire turn kicks, so many that I swore I could smell the burning torque friction from my pivot foot. I am going for my high green belt on July 17th and am excited because I will break boards at public testing for the first time.

Anyway, I did a 4.3 run in 34.10 on Tuesday, a 7 miler in 57.19 yesterday morning, and the 12.99 loop in 1:58;50 this morning. Today's run was a rough and fairly unpleasant one because I won't be able to run Fri Sat or Sun so I got in my long run while I could. It's clear that today should have been a light workout, as I was simply exhausted - almost 5 min off my weekend times of 1:54 which I'm not thrilled about to begin with.

So suffice it to say I am wiped. Need some rest and let my body recover.

No comments: