Monday, June 7, 2010

Week 2 begins...

So I think I am going about this all wrong. Instead of running the same 12.99 distance over and over looking for improvement, I am going to build up my 4.3 mi and 8.6 mi times. This morning I did 4.3 in 33:53, (7:47mi) the quickest time for that loop to date.

Also, instead of following the Advanced I, I will follow the Intermediate II plan. I have to be realistic with my time available and the advanced is very demanding - altering the advanced plan, and he potential for continually missing runs and having to playing catchup, just might not be my best approach. In contrast, I followed the novice II to the letter and it worked for me - the intermediate II is similar in structure so go with what I know works.

I am doing pushups every third day and did 589 over the course of the day on Sat - 5x100 and the 6th set I collapsed at 89. Owe myself 11 more. I do sets of 100, and give myself a 30-60 min break or so before doing another set. Sets 1-3 were 100 straight through, and set 4+ I had to go into downward dog around 40 but then continue, do another 30-40, take a breath, and try to get to 100.

Tonight is TKD and am looking forward to it.

No comments: