Monday, June 30, 2008

Run Number Two

I got out again tonight and again I mostly walked, still being careful about not overdoing the run run run. I do want to keep this up at least through the goal.

I did run for a short distance along the Central Park Resevoir, which I've wanted to do since we started talking about the CCM. It was pretty neat, the skyline view is terrific and a storm was brewing further downtown, with low gray clouds collecting just above the building tops on 59th Street.

The shoes so far are holding up. They're fast, as I walk I lean forward and want to run. Interesting.

Some numbers:

Time: 31:28
Average HR: 137 bpm
Max HR: 183 bpm (!)
408 calories burned

Peace,

4 comments:

Agricola said...

Excellent. Embrace the process.

Running and observing, that's what it's all about -- creating an experience for yourself and enjoying the moment.

I've never run on the CP Reservoir. I might need to try it someday.

Steve DiMattia said...

I only ran a short arc of its 1.5 mile diameter, but it has a fine view. I am beginning to appreciate your experiential gospel...thinking about running the embarcadero in San Fran, the next time I'm there.

Agricola said...

Right on! The experiential gospel!

You definitely should run in SF -- that will be great. Start collecting cities and places you've run.

I regret not running in Reykjavik -- we were there in 2001, my brother went for a run and though I was running at the time I declined; I didn't even bring my shoes. That's a motivator for my city runs now!

Steve DiMattia said...

Ms. FA and I plan to run in Calgary when we're there in Aug. Rack'em up.