Sunday, June 15, 2008

Back on the circuit with P90x

Hi all,

Long time no write. Ever since the sprain in the ankle and then a follow up one on the other ankle during the winter, I have been out of the loop feeling sorry for myself. An occasional workout here helped me get going, but then coaching began and my workouts fell to the side. So for several months I have debated purchasing the workout program P90X and finally bit the bullet and did it. Started approximately 17 days ago and as Agricola can attest, I was hurting at reunion. OUCH! The workouts are incredible though and I have been very motivated to stick with it. Each last approximately 1:15 with the yoga going 1:35. I have not worked this hard since crew season in college and the first five days were brutal since I pushed too hard. But now, I am feeling well and growing stronger. The weight is not coming off yet (just two pounds), but I can push my body further now and I am doing 99% of the workouts correct now. If you are looking for something different and want to push yourself I would recommend this series of 12 DVDs. If I can just get the diet down, I have no doubt the results you see online and the infomercial can totally happen.

Anyways, I will post as I workout. The lifting days I am my HR is 120 to 140. Plyometrics 180-190 for 45 minutes. Yoga is actually 130 to 140. Very cool stuff. Highly recommend it and I am back on track.

Keep on trucking.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

Glad that you're back. I'm psyched you've stuck with it as long as you have so far -- I didn't think that would happen since you were so sore.
One thing that you might notice, I'd guess is that your weight won't come off as much as you thought because you might be putting on more muscle. Just a thought.

I found that I really enjoyed yoga when I did it -- the focus on breathing helped my running a lot. The place I went was a little to hippy-dippy-trippy for me but I'd be interested in a more athletic, and less spiritual regimen.

Keep rolling!

VT Runner said...

Hey Phatrunner! Nice to have you back, and glad to hear that things are going well with the program. Sounds too techy for me, but it's so different, I'm excited to experience it through your posts.

I have one request. Take a "before" picture. This type of product demands before and after shots, and I submit that they should be posted here.