Saturday, June 28, 2008

Run Number One

Well, I put the new shoes to work for the first time last night. Following Agricola's good avice, I walked mostly, went about 27 minutes and probably ran about 1/3 of that time. Stopped to stretchthe calves a bit after 15 minutes, and had to run the smallest FA to the potty at some point, too.

Ms. FA and I ran together on the treadmills in my building's gym, but I have promised myself to avoid running treadmills as often as I can going forward. I kept hitting my hands on the console, and suffered other small indignities, not the least of which was a persistent cough, which appears to have descended on me in the last 36 hours. So, it was a wholly unsatisfying first outing, but I felt great afterwards and I want to do it again. The next run will be on the road.

I wore the HR monitor, but didn't start it on time, so my metrics aren't worth posting.

3 comments:

VT Runner said...

Congrat's on run number one!
Remember the post-run feeling. That's what will keep you coming back.

Agricola said...

Way to go! I'm so happy that you got out and that it was a positive experience.

Did you have any soreness?

You carried the torch for this weekend, I was booked solid and had no time to run.

Steve DiMattia said...

I was a little bit sore on Sunday, but that mainly set in after I cut the grass. My yard is a killer.