Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Long Road

Well, I was sufficiently inspired by Agricola's performance at the VT City Marathon to set up my training schedule. I went on a 30 minute run yesterday, and I'll do the same time every other day for a couple of weeks to ease the calf back into things. At that point, on July 1, I officially start training for the Cape Cod Marathon.

The goal now is to stay healthy and stretch like crazy. I hope to fill in the training schedule with plenty of group runs and races. Keep an eye out for invitations to join in.

Later boys. Welcome to summer.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Good luck -- slow and steady wins the race, remember. DOn't push it, don't rush it. You're running for the experience and the example and you want to do it for a long time to come.

Let's definitely do a race (100 on 100 anybody?) and a group trail run.

I got up to go out today and could find nothing -- no shorts, not my shoes, my socks! Haha, it was funny. I'll organize myself tonight and go for a short one tomorrow. I feel good, and ready to go.

Thanks again for the hospitality and he support, it was great.