Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Another Twist

Child Two requested that we go running again this AM so I obliged him. We laid out his stuff the night before and prepped his snack. It didn't save us much time because I didn't get out of bed right away. He also asked that we go back through downtown, so we did, even though I was going to run another route. He did not however want to go back the same way -- I'm just doing out an backs right now and trying to cut down on turns etc. and just try and go out in one direction. So we did make some turns and ran through some side streets. I didn't have my watch today, so no data, but we went out for about 40 minutes again. It is a nice time together and the weather is beautiful. Child Two calls his sneakers his running shoes and he always wants to wear his running shoes. Yesterday he and his sister were running around the house, running a marathon. That was kind of cool. Perhaps my activity is setting a good example for them. It's one of my goals of being active, and it seems to be seeping in.

2 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

This is absolutley the case. Kids grow up to do what they see their parents doing, beacuse they think it's what people do. The littlest FA got a bike for her birthday in March, as we she rides it up and down the hallway daily. It must be a trip for you to see the small Agrocolae emulating Daddy.

Agricola said...

They totally do follow what they see.
I have to admit that it was a hugely motivating moment for me. It's one of the prime reasons I run, to set a good example of an active life, and it's having an impact. It was a cool moment.