Friday, July 23, 2010

Weston 5 Miler

So, here it is the Torn Ligament Blog... left alone with the blog and his miles and a bunch of slacker training partners who are offering zero support and seemingly the same number of miles.... Sorry David, I'm back, and will participate again here, we need to.

Well, I'm back after a long hiatus in which I basically got really good at drinking beer and working my tail off on miserable projects with miserable clients and partners.
I got in one run during my vacation, three weeks ago, a mellow 3.3 miles. I signed up for the Weston 5 Miler months ago, and thought it was next week until they thankfully sent me an email reminder Wednesday. So, I bucked up and did the race in a rather moderate 42 minutes (gun time). It was about what I expected after my layoff, 8:30s, and didn't hurt too bad. I uncorked a scorcher between 2-3 (7:26 by my estimation) but starting at the back of the pack and running a really slow first mile it went for naught and hurt me at the end.

Anyway, I needed something to kick my butt back into gear and this hopefully did it. I'm running Falmouth in a few weeks, but I need some help: I'm getting in by raising funds for Falmouth Military Support Group. Phat and Torn have kindly donated to my cause, and I'd be stoked if I could get you other Distance Trainers to pony up some cash by 7/30/10 -- you can donate online here: Firstgiving. Thanks guys.

1 comment:

Torn Ligaments said...

Agricola-

Great to have you back!

You are the standard bearer by starting this blog, and though it took me 3 years to shake off my apathy and get moving I give enormous credit to you for my personal running renaissance. You were the one who introduced me to Dean Karnazes, Chris McDougal, and imparted some terrific running advice back when I questioned if I could even finish the Cherry Blossom Ten Miler.