Sunday, July 18, 2010

First Ultra

Today is my off-day, and time for some brief introspection. My little grasshopper and I tested yesterday for our high green belts and it went well. Sparring, breaking, Taeguk poomses, everything. The journey to eventually attain our black belts has given me the mental strength and confidence to embark on a quest to achieve some audacious goals - and do the work to achieve them.

My next goal is to run a 50 mile ultramarathon. I will do it, and see the race to its end.

My committed race schedule the next 6 months is as follows:

08/7 Beach to Beacon 10k
09/25 Niantic Bay 1/2 marathon
10/3 Maine Marathon
11/7 New York Marathon
01/30 Miami Marathon
04/26 London Marathon (subject to lottery)

SO I will run a 50 miler early summer 2011. If I do not get into London I am leaning towards the Keys 100 in 05/11 (the 50 mile event)from Mile Marker 51 in Marathon, FL and finish in Key West. Proceeds go to the Richard J. Fox Foundation to fight prostate cancer. (Second option is the North Face Endurance Challenge next June from Washington D.C. to McLean, VA.)

Would anyone be interested in the shared experience of an ultra? Or possibly being part of my support crew?

No comments: