Friday, July 23, 2010

24 Hour Race Around the Lake

So it's official - - I am registered and running in next Friday's 24 Hour Race Around the Lake.

I've been thinking about running this race for about a month now and have decided I have the stamina and endurance to do this. I will be doing the 12 hour ultra marathon beginning at 7pm and have 12 hours to run around Lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield, MA as many times as my body can endure. It is a 3.16 mile loop, well lit, and paved - ideal conditions for a first ultra. Proceeds go to the Rabb Clinic at Children's Hospital Boston.

I want to keep pushing myself, shun complacency, and see what I can achieve if I put forth enough effort. My goal is to complete 16 loops in under 12 hours for a total distance run of 50.56 miles.

So it is on. 50.56 miles in 12 hours. I can do this.

No comments: