Friday, July 23, 2010

Some Thoughts

A radical double post from me.
I want to take a minute to comment on some of the posts that I've been reading here and catching up on after my hiatus.

@Tom: you put in the grittiest performance of the year in VCM. You warriored that thing to the end. It was a brutal run this year, and I ate a bunch and still had issues. I know I've declared a hiatus but something clicked in me this week -- I need to run VCM, again. I need to master the training. I know I can finish a marathon, maybe not quickly, but I can cover 26.2 in a (somewhat) respectable time. The time comes from the training, and marathoning, now, for me, is about mastering the training and that's what I need to try again and submit myself to.

@David: you are a force of nature. I admire & envy your drive. Crewing for you would be cool -- but do you think could find a closer ultra? the keys are kind of far away, and it could get expensive. But send me the details, and we'll see if it's doable.

@Noel: it's all about the flow, I've been saying that for two years. It's not corny, it's true. You need to habituate yourself to the training and embrace its ups and downs. It's time to put the pedal to the medal on the Timberman... crash training time baby!

@Red: where are you? let's go for a ride ;).

@Steve: good luck training for Schroon 1/2. I'd be happy to do a training run with you if you want, but it will take some coordination, August is full. I considered Schroon with you guys for a bit but it's not going to work out this year. Some time in the future.

No comments: