Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week 7 long run

With my upcoming testing for Taekwondo this Sat and today's magnificent weather I decided to do my long run 16 this morning.

Had 2 english muffins with hummus spread on top, 2 cups of coffee and a GU before I left the house. Did my first 8 in 1:14, had another GU, and felt good until mile 14 - then experienced my worst running bonk since miile 25 of Sugarloaf. Agony. That stretch is in the sun and I was so dehydrated I couldn't muster up any saliva. I should have taken a gatorade, one GU at mile 8 just wasn't enough. Must have taken me 22 min do the final 2 miles.

Drank about 20 oz of milk flavored with Hershey's strawberry syrup and several glasses of H2O and I feel fine. 29 miles in two days is a good chunk of running.

Going to the TKD breaking class tonight! Excited to crack some lumber.

No comments: