Thursday, April 10, 2008

Raising My Game

I got out again today, for 49 minutes over some hilly Georgia terrain. Today I went with both of the guys that I've run with previously. It was a good and social run and we ran pretty quickly. The hills hurt, but I feel good. Since Sunday I've run four times and I must be up around 26-27 miles this week. I'm going tomorrow too because I won't have time on Saturday. I'm also planning a long run in NYC Sunday -- maybe a couple of loops around the park -- perhaps I'll check NYRR and see if they've got a race for which I can sign up. Where is everybody -- I'm not getting many readers and I'm definitely getting fewer runners/bloggers. The weather is getting nice boys get out there -- we're running our of excuses.

A cool thing about the runs we've done is that Tuesday we headed East along a route. Yesterday I went in the opposite direction. Today we headed North-Northeast. We're "quadranting" our surroundings and getting a sense for the area. It's a fun bit of exploration despite the fact that the area is heavily urban/suburban and very manicured and planned. Atlanta has plenty of McMansions, but they are far more tasteful than those that go up in Boston. THe good architects developers must be down here, and not in the NE.

1 comment:

VT Runner said...

Hey. I'm back and reading, if not running. I had a set back on the running front last Sunday, so I don't know what the marathon status is at this point. I'm thinking I might have to do part of a relay or something.

I went out Saturday and Sunday for 30 minute runs, and felt awesome. My body just wanted to run. Unfortunately, I pushed it a bit much and felt a slight "pop" in the calf halfway through the second run. I went to PT this week, and he basically advised me to shut it down for a week and then slowly strengthen and build back to running. My goal is to avoid another injury, so I can have a good running summer. If the BTV marathon fits into that approach, cool, but I won't risk further injury -- I hear these things can linger.

Total bummer, but I'm still in a good spot. The plan is to start swimming, run when I can and see where it takes me, while staying injury free.

Agricola, glad to finally see the real you back up here. Run man run.