Sunday, April 27, 2008

PT and Yardwork

I did two sessions of PT last week, and I have another one tomorrow morning. Woo-hoo! Yes! Yes! Yes!

I also hit the gym twice last week for some weights and swimming. I'll go again tomorrow after PT. I'm hoping to get the green light to run a bit by the end of next week. I've had one week on the eliptical so far. With three heavy ultrasound and massage sessions on the calf in six days, I should see some healing. Man, would I like to get out there for even two to three miles.

In the absense of running, I took on two projects over the weekend. I'm working with my father in law to replace old sheetrock with beadboard at camp. And at home, we're gardening fools. With all of the good weather lately, things are sprouting early, so we're already behind. I built a cool tree limb fence around our garden today with help from the kids. I got to use the chain saw, which is always fun. I'm actually slightly sore from the work, but that's mainly from whacking my hand with a hammer multiple times while trying to drive in my home-made fence posts. Go figure.

Kudos to Agricola for kicking it into gear during the last push before the Marathon. I'm still bummed I can't run with him, but hoping to at least pull out a relay leg. Being injured is about the lamest thing ever (no pun intended, really).

Agricola, let's rethink this blog post-marathon. I'd like it to keep going. Maybe with some new blood?

8 comments:

Agricola said...

Yeah, we need some new blood up here, that's for sure. I've been thinking of opening it up to some folks I know, and I'd be happy to open it up to some folks you know. We'll reconsider post-marathon and see where this thing goes.

Steve DiMattia said...

Deal me into the post marathon noodling on the fate of the blog. I am off the couch and regularly active again, looking for an event to train for, since I totally wiffed on the Montauk Century. The blog dinked me on my last attempt to post. Technical issues? Maybe it didn;t recognize me after so long an absence.

Agricola said...

Your post is there, can I publish it for you? OK, I'll include you in the post-marathon conversation.

I'm an extrovert -- I need some outside stimulation to keep going, and this thing was getting boring since it was only me . . . and no one's been commenting at all on anything -- hence the suckdom of the endeavor.

I've thought about opening it up to the wives, but Mrs. A she's more intersted in reading than posting and her current condition sort of isn't great for running . . .

I was talking to a friend of mine about running and he's a total non-runner, so he might be an interesting guy to invite -- he's also very intelligent, and a good writer. I have a work friend who has said she's got friends who might be intereted -- she's a rower and some of her friends are sick. Also, I've met some guys at the new gig who might be interesting to invite.

I'll call you this week FA and we can talk about my new gig -- sorry for not getting back to you last week, it's been pretty wild the past week or so.

VT Runner said...

Yes, new blood sounds great. A mutual friend of ours going back to my Hingham High days is new to running and has totally transformed herself in the process. She'd be a great addition. Ted, you know who I'm talking about. If not, I have one word -- Derryberry. Now you know.

Talk soon.

Agricola said...

Wow . . . a woman on the blog . . . that's radical.

Steve DiMattia said...

Derryberry?

Agricola, please publish my post if you can.

Steve DiMattia said...

I consider my opinion re: this blog is sort of like subordinated debt, i.e., others get priority during a bankruptcy. That said, while I am open to new blood on the blog, I think there is value to keeping it all-male.

Agricola said...

Yeah, all male is not bad. We can debate the merits. If we're going to open it to women, we should open it to the wives as well -- which is fine and maybe welcome. I know they are reading it . . . We can discuss.