Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bobbing along

So, I'm on the conservative approach to healing what seems like a minor injury to the calf. I'm told that pushing that muscle too far could lead to a big tear or rupture with permanent damage. I'm not even into missing out on the summer, let alone long-term discomfort, so I've shut down the running for now.

Instead, I'm hitting the gym, doing stationary bike, some weights to work on my quirky shoulders (and the gun show), and swimming. It's a nice change of pace, although it's killing me not to run, especially with the Burlington Marathon coming up fast. Not only is Agricola running (and going to kill it, btw) I must know about six other folks in my town who are running. Plus, with work no longer an issue for the time being, I have more time to run. This experience has made me appreciate running more than ever, and it's made me realize that I am part of a running community, but beyond that injuries are no fun. Cape Cod Marathon anyone?

1 comment:

Agricola said...

So, Im Vermonting alone . . . alright. I'm into it, just get out there and cheer for me. Sorry you're hobbled . . .

CCM will be difficult since Numero 3 is due 10/1 -- I'm not committing that full 26.2 . . . maybe the relay again, but not the full piece.