Monday, February 4, 2008

Super 8

At least one thing about yesterday was super -- my 8 mile run in the afternoon. My training plan called for a 12 miler, but the day got away from me a bit, so I only had time for an hour. I did an out and back route from my house, and loved it. There's been a lot going on at work lately, so I used my time on the road to work things out. I got inspired, came up with a plan, and lost track of time. Very cool.

On the running/training side, it felt great to get in a longer run. I came in faster than I went out, and I felt pretty strong. Not as fast as I'd like to be, but I'm easing into the schedule and enjoying the process.

Here are the stats:
8 miles
1:09 hours (34:28 out, 33:35 back)
8:37 pace

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Nice job.

Love the mental cleansing of running.