Thursday, February 14, 2008

Not Exactly Alta

I did 6.12 miles today in a time that I'm not real sure about -- I need to get my stopwatch working again. Yesterday was one of the worst weather days that I remember in a long time so I nixed running in he torrential down pours.

Here's my course. Note the elevation changes that I endured, today -- not exactly Alta, but you get the picture. Yes, I started at 193 ft above sea level and I actually climbed all the way to 215 ft above sea level after dipping down to 144 ft. This is not for the faint of heart.



While the elevation is not that huge, I have to admit that there are times when I wonder why I feel that I'm working -- the elevation chart shows me some of the reason, there seem to be many false flats. That said, I'm not sure how accurate the elevation tracker is -- I actually finish beyond and above my house but the end elevation seems to be lower than my start. Finally, Mrs. A gave me a nice reflective harness for Valentine's Day that signifies to me that she wants me to be around a bit longer. I wore it out tonight at dusk/early evening, and it was comfortable, and very visible (I think).

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

Great post. I love the part about Mrs. A wanting to keep you around by giving you the reflective vest. I imagined a different scenario that made me laugh:
Agricola: Honey, thanks for the gift. What is it?
Mrs. A: It's a reflective vest for running.
Agricola: Oh...ummmm...but it's black.
Mrs. A.: Oh, don't worry about it. You'll be fine.

Glad to hear it was actually reflective...you think.

Agricola said...

Yeah, it's hi-vis black. Do you have one like that too? Each time a car drove towards me I'd be looking down at my chest to see if I could see it shining -- no luck since I don't think it's meant to be reflective on the vertical viewing angle -- at that point it's too late. another 6 tomorrow and then a big one on Sunday . . . as long as the weather holds. This February has been *brutal*. Though, that said, it's my sunday run so chances are that it will be miserable. Ha.