Saturday, February 16, 2008

South Shore Six, Sort Of

We went out and visited family this afternoon and I ducked out just after arrival for a quick trot through the scenic South Shore. The goal was to do 6, I got in about 5.5 in about 45. It was actually pretty hilly with some good climbs -- one in particular was quite long. My turnaround was a bridge over the North River -- it was beautiful. The sun was setting and the river was glass calm with just the tiniest eddies as the slack tide turned and the water was starting to flow back into the river.

I've got to do a half tomorrow . . . so, I'm going to map that route and kick it to bed. Sleep is one thing I've not been getting enough of in this training regimen, I'm eating well, not drinking very much booze, the running is working itself out but I'm not sleeping enough. I need to change that.

No comments: