Saturday, February 9, 2008

Slipping Away

I got out for 4 today. I had intended to go for 10K, but the day sort of slipped away from me. I cooked like a madman through the first part of the day and then a birthday party popped up that we knew about but had forgotten, so I hung out with Child Two and before I knew it it was 5 PM. It was snowy and sort of slippery but not too bad. There were many runners out at the same time and that was sort of cool. I passed a guy going in the opposite direction from him and followed his foot prints for about a mile or so. There were lots of other footprints and it was fun to compare the different stride lengths. I reeled in a guy today about 1.5 into my run and that felt pretty good. I don't know if he was one mile into a three, or 18 into a 20, but I moved by him pretty easily -- it's the little victories in life. Eight tomorrow . . .

No comments: