Thursday, February 14, 2008

High Altitude

I'm taking a break from running, but still getting some solid exercise in. The family and I are in Alta for a week, staying with Mrs. VTR's folks at their slopeside cabin. I was lucky to be able to combine a vacation with some work stuff that I'm doing in Vegas next week. It's nice when business and pleasure intersect in such a fun way.

Anyway, the place we're staying at is at 9,800 feet, so I'm doing high altitude training. We're hiking and skiing all day, and I'll be honest it's kicking my butt. My hope is that I'll be able to run like a crazy man when I get back closer to sea level next week. I'll see if I can post some pictures over the next few days. It's spectacular out here.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Excellent! Enjoy. Look out for bears. Please send my regards to MRs. VTR's parents.

Safe travels.