Friday, February 8, 2008

A hard slog

I had no intention of running today, but I needed a jolt to keep my day rolling. Seeing some sun in the sky inspired me to suck it up and get out. I ran for 43:29 and figure it was somewhere around five miles, if that.

Half of the run was on an unplowed bike path, which made it tough going. I figure that tough is good at this stage. Imagine how much easier running this spring will be compared to plowing through such bad footing now. (At least that's what I tell myself.)

My main takeaway from today, though, wasn't about the benefits of training in slush. What stuck with me was the fact that I was out there, that I needed to be out there today. I think that after a long layoff, I've finally turned a corner. I'm into running again. A renewed running addiction is right around the corner. I hope.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

It was great to catch up with you this evening.

I hear you about the running addiction -- I love to get out and need to get out.